The Rowan Astronomy kit for Heq5 upgrades your mount reducing periodic errors and backlash.
This kit replaces the factory spur gear drive train with timing belts. The pulley modification reduces the spur gear errors that are typical and it therefore reduces tracking errors. The belts also make slewing much more quiet eliminating the 'grinding' noise that the standard spur gears produce. The pulley ratio is the same as the factory gears. This means the Synscan hand controller is unaffected by this upgrade. All Synscan functions will operate as before.
Noise before and after the belt modification .
- 2 x 47 tooth pulleys. 2 x 12 tooth pulleys.
- 2 x timing belts.
- 4 x intermediate rollers and mounting shafts.
- 2 x RA motor and idler mouinting plates.
- 2 x Dec motor and idler mouinting plates.
- Stainless steel socket head bolts.
- Fitting instructions.