- Connection methods
- Items included
The ZWO T2 tilter allows precise adjustment of the focal plane to correct for sensor tilt. This new ZWO tilt adjuster can be directly connected to the 2" EFW filter wheels.
Many astrophotographers know the problem: after accurate focusing, in one or two corners the stars are not pinpoints. Often, the sharpness of the image is compromise to a level that the image has to be cropped.
Some possible causes of this problem are:
- a tilted camera sensor (fraction of a millimetre are enough)
- a tilted focuser
- a tilted focal plane of the telescope (common in Newtonian telescopes)
- tilted optical accessories by imprecise clamping
As solution, a tilter can re-establish the parallelism between elements and therefore the details on the corners of your photo will return sharp.
The best way is to calibrate it is using test images:
- Identify the corner of your photo which has unsharp / aberrated stars.
- Loosen the 3 pull screws (the larger one).
- Slightly turn the push screws in correspondence of for the corner of the photo that is unsharp.
- Take a second image. If the sharpness has deteriorated, turn the adjustment screw in the other direction until all 4 corners of your photos has the same sharpness.
- Tighten the pull screws.
Compatible with all ZWO ASI cameras except: ASI071, ASI2600 & ASI6200.
For cooled cameras : ASI294, ASI1600, ASI183, ASI533
For non-cooled cameras : ASI294, ASI1600, ASI183, ASI174
For non-cooled cameras : ASI178, ASI290, ASI224, ASI120
Note: These cameras need to connect to the T2-T2 adapter.
|Interface||T2 (M42 x 0.75) each side
||11 mm (without T2-T2 adapter)
|T2-T2 adapter thickness
- T2 tilter
- T2-T2 adapter
- Hex wrench