The Sky-Watcher Evolux 82ED is an apochromatic doublet refractor for grab'n'go astrophotography with a focal length of 530mm and focal ratio of f/6.5. Featuring upgraded mechanics compared to the popular Evostar line, the Evolux continues the tradition of affordable yet high quality widefield telescopes.
Note: the Evolux 82ED is NOT compatible with the ZWO EAF focuser.
- Updated 2-lens element design with Extra-low Dispersion glass
- 82mm / f 6.5 (f5.8 with optional reducer)
- New optional re-designed dedicated reducer/field flattener for wider field of view and faster imaging
- Retractable integrated dew shield for improved handling
- Precision 61mm (2.4") dual-speed focuser
- Vixen-style dovetail with clamshell tube rings
- Two finder-style saddles for holding guide scopes/control units (such as the ASIAIR)
- Aluminium hard case
Note: as with most refractors, you will need to add the optional flattener/reducer in order to use the telescope for astrophotography. The 0.9x flattener/reducer gives a corrected field of 36mm, making it suitable for cameras with APS-C and smaller sensors.
||Apochromatic doublet with one ED element
||f/6.5 (f/5.8 with optional reducer)
||530 mm (477 mm with optional reducer)
||36 mm with optional reducer
|Mount attachment||150 mm Vixen-style dovetail|
|Focuser||2.4" dual speed rack & pinion|
|Connections||2" barrel, M56 x 1|
|Backfocus||55 mm with optional reducer|
|Tube weight||3 kg|
|Tube length||416 mm|
|Tube diameter||90 mm|
|Dew shield diameter||100 mm|