- Included items
The EAGLE 5 PRO is an advanced computer for complete astrophotography control. With its fast 11th generation i5 processor, industrial-grade 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, 500GB NVME SSD and Thunderbolt 3 & 4 ports with USB-C connectivity, EAGLE 5 PRO offers even more power for complex applications.
The EAGLE 5 PRO is a full Windows 11 Enterprise computer that is 100% compatible with any software and driver created for Windows 11 64 bit. The 5 series features dual-band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) for a powerful and fast connection to your home network or directly to your device. The industrial-grade SSD and RAM ensures the best reliability even in very low temperatures.
Desktop class performance with low power consumption
The EAGLE 5 PRO delivers desktop-class performance with an average power consumption of only 1.6A, so you can still power it with a compact field battery. Thanks to its i5 quad core processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM, it can easily run not only capture software but processing software as well. The EAGLE 5 Pro has more connectivity options than ever, with three USB 3.2 type A ports, two USB 4 type C (1x Thunderbolt 4 and 1x Thunderbolt 3) ports, five USB 2.0 ports, two HDMI 2.0b ports, and a 2.5Gb Ethernet port.
The EAGLE 5 PRO's fast and powerful Thunderbolt 4 and 3 ports add many additional features:
- Speed: while USB 3.0 is up to 5 Gbps, the Thunderbolt 3/4 ports offer connectivity speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Power: the Thunderbolt 4 port is capable of providing up to 100 W, Thunderbolt 3 up to 15W
- Connectivity: you can connect many devices like external drives, displays, multi port docking stations, audio devices, etc. It allows you to connect as many as 6 devices, daisy chained, through a single compact port. If you have a standard USB-C device, you can connect it to the Thunderbolt port (in this case the maximum speed will be 10 Gbps).
Advanced power bridge with 7 ports
The EAGLE has a separate 12V power input that can run on up to 16 amps. Using a special internal board, power is distributed to seven outputs - four 12V power out ports are designed to power your camera, mount, focuser, or other 12v devices. Three 0-12V variable power out ports are designed to power dew heaters (these ports can also be automated with the optional ECCO environmental module).
GPS with high gain antenna
To control your telescope with maximum precision, it’s very important you provide your geographical position and local time in a very precise way. The integrated GPS sensor the EAGLE now automatically detects your telescope elevation, latitude, longitude and local time, even if you see only part of the sky (and even if you install the EAGLE in an observatory within a dome!).
Inclinometer to measure the elevation of your telescope
The new inclinometer sensor measures the elevation of your telescope with respect to the horizon, with an accuracy of 0.1 degrees. This data is shown in realtime in the EAGLE Manager X interface. This is also useful for aligning your telescope when the southern pole is obscured.
Motion detector to detect unwanted or unexpected movements
External factors such as wind gusts and cable snags can ruin your exposures. Thanks to the built-in motion sensor, EAGLE Manager X shows these movements and provides the option to repeat the last exposure if necessary (using PLAY or third party software that supports motion detectors).
EAGLE Manager X interface to easily control all the EAGLE’s features
- Enable/Disable every 12V power out port
- Check for GPS data: elevation, latitude, longitude, date, time and number of connected satellites
- Check for sky quality using the EYE sensor
- Set the power out voltage of the 3 x 0-12V power out ports and increase or decrease the power to dew heaters connected to EAGLE
- Activate DARK mode
- Connect or disconnect devices connected to the four USB 2.0 ports in case a reset is needed
- Check power consumption and battery lifetime
- Set WiFi connectivity
- Set automatic power routines: you can define port status “After power on” and “Before shut down” for the devices connected to the EAGLE
- EAGLE 5 PRO
- 2 WiFi antennas
- GPS antenna
- 12V power cable with cigarette plug for EAGLE - 250cm
- Four M6x8 screws, four M6x10 screws, four M6x12 screws, four M6x18 screws, four M6x25 screws, four M6x35 screws
- Quick guide