Prices do not include shipping costs. Contact us for exact shipping prices before purchasing.
PlaneWave Instruments is pleased to offer the PW20-RC, a 24 inch (0.61 m) f/10.6 astrograph with Ritchey-Chrétien optics. PlaneWave’s CDK astrographs have become the telescopes of choice for universities, industry, and astrophotographers around the world, and now PlaneWave offers the PW-RC series to meet the custom needs of the scientific community.
The PW24-RC in its native format (no field flattening lenses) uses only a primary and secondary mirror with reflective coatings. This can be useful when making observations primarily on-axis and wide field imaging is not a concern.
The PW24-RC has a dual carbon-fibre truss design, with 3 cooling fans ejecting air from the back of the telescope. The instrument weight is 108.9 kg and comes standard with a back plate retaining ring ready to accept the focuser of your choice.
Delta-T Ready – Now the PW24-RC comes standard with built-in dew heaters for both primary and secondary mirror.
- Carbon fibre tube minimizes thermal expansion, which causes focus shift as temperature changes during an imaging session. Carbon fibre also reaches ambient temperatures quickly and is extremely lightweight and rigid to help ensure excellent imaging data is produced.
- Dovetail Expansion Joint allows for the difference in thermal expansion between carbon fiber and aluminium. The expansion joint allows the aluminium dovetail to expand and contract without stressing the carbon fiber lower truss.
- Fused silica RC optics made by PlaneWave for excellent on-axis performance using only a hyperbolic primary and secondary mirror with no refractive optics in the light path.
- Three cooling fans blow out of the optical tube pulling air through the telescope and by the primary mirror. This helps the telescope to reach thermal equilibrium quickly. The fans are controlled by a switch on the optical tube, or can be controlled by via PWI3 software.
|Aperture||24" (610 mm)
||30% of primary mirror diameter
|Backfocus from mounting surface||261.6 mm|
|Backfocus from racked in focuser
||Carbon fibre truss and aluminium light shroud
|Outer diameter||622 mm|
||Enhanced aluminium - 96%
||Enhanced Aluminium – 96%|
- PW24-RC OTA
- OTA cover to protect primary mirror
- PlaneWave thumb drive with software and collimation instructions
- CDK24 Focus Spacer (240343) - 5.3″ long spacer is installed between the backplate and the focuser to take up some of the CDK24’s extra backfocus and reduce the torque placed on the focuser mechanism. This spacer is sized such that the backfocus distance behind the focuser will match that of the CDK20.