The DayStar SolaREDi 127 is a high quality carbon fibre achromatic doublet refractor specifically designed for the Hydrogen-alpha wavelength. It contains either an SE-grade Quantum Chromosphere or Prominence H-alpha filter specifically adapted to this particular telescope, or PE-grade specific bandpass from 0.2 - 0.8Å.
- The Chromosphere version features a bandpass between 0.5 - 0.3Å (depending on your telescope's f-ratio), making it the perfect choice for viewing surface detail, although prominences will still be visible.
- The Prominence version has a bandpass of 0.9 - 0.6Å, which will deliver bright, high-contrast views of prominences against a jet black sky.
Unlike the popular Quark filters, the Quantum filter features a digital readout and precision tuning control accurate to 0.01Å in center wavelength.
- Lightweight, Short tube with retractable dew shield
- Dedicated design offers Quantum control completely built-in for easy set-up and operation
- Quality 127mm doublet achromat. Custom designed, coated and figured for Hydrogen Alpha
- Focal Length: 2667mm
- Compact design is only 29" long and weighs just 6.1kg including mounting rings and dovetail
- Digital readout and precision tuning control
- Accurate to 0.01Å in center wavelength
- Uses 12VDC power and can run off batteries
- Same Quantum Control software capable
- Available in Chromosphere, Prominence or specific bandpass in PE grade
- Robust, 2 inch steeltrack and rack and pinion focuser for added strength
- Fully integrated DayStar filtration with classic DayStar Quantum control
- Includes mounting rings with Vixen dovetail
- Includes zero power solar finder 'alignment keys'
- Ships in Pelican Storm Case
||127 mm achromatic doublet
||2667 mm (approximate effective)
|Effective F ratio
Wing shift +/- 1 Å in 0.01 Å increments
0.2 - 0.8 Å depending on configuration
|Mounting||Includes tube rings with Vixen style dovetail|
|Power||12 V DC 120 mA|
||790 mm with dew shield retracted|