The DayStar Solar Scout 60DS is a high quality achromatic doublet refractor specifically designed for the Hydrogen-alpha wavelength. It contains a Quark filter which offers performance comparable to doublestacked solar telescopes with similar aperture from other manufacturers, but at a far lower cost.
Unlike most 'entry-level' solar telescopes which have a bandpass of around 0.7Å, the Solar Scout 60DS has an approximate bandpass of 0.5Å, resulting in greater detail of surface structures and filaments. The Solar Scout features a 12mm blocking filter with 16mm of clear etalon aperture, significantly more than competing offerings.
- 930mm Effective Focal Length
- Quality Achromat Doublet 60mm refractor
- Integrated Quark H-alpha filter
- 'Doublestack' performance at no extra cost
- Robust and precision accuracy: Helical Front-Focus can't slip and does not turn the eyepiece.
- Solar Bullet finder projects safely onto white screen.
- 16mm eyepiece aperture.
- Adaptable for 2" or Camera mount / views
- Always on-band with USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- Vixen /Photo style mounting foot
- 3 year warranty
* Application of 2" eyepieces or components, and Camera T-adapters require additional, optional accessories. Diagonal recommended to achieve focus.
||60 mm achromatic doublet
||930 mm (approximate effective)
|Effective F ratio
|Tuning knob||Wing shift +/- 0.5 Å in 0.1 Å increments
||Integrated 2-element telecentric 4.3x optimized for 656 nm
|Blocking filter||Integrated 12 mm blocking filter|
|Clear aperture||16 mm clear etalon aperture, passes full solar disk|
|Connection||1.25" female drawtube with brass compression ring|
|Mounting||Reversible Vixen style dovetail foot with 1/4-20 holes|
|Power||Requires 5 v 1.5 amp with USB Micro-B connector|
|Dimensions||391-403 mm length x 78 mm width x 110 mm height|