The DayStar Instruments Calcium-H Quark Eyepiece is a revolution in Solar observation and imaging, allowing users to experience incredible views with their telescope of choice for a fraction of the cost of competing, purpose-built Solar telescopes.
To prevent damage to your telescope, the Quark must be used with an appropriate energy rejection filter (sold separately). For refractors under 120mm of aperture, a screw-in UV/IR-cut filter can be used if placed in front of the telescope diagonal. Do not use a UV/IR-cut filter with oil-spaced objectives or any telescope with an integrated field flattener or Petzval lens. The UV/IR-cut filter must be the first optical element to receive concentrated light.
The Calcium Quark cannot be used with standard red or yellow glass energy rejection filters. Recommended for use with a UV/IR cut filter for safety. The Calcium Quark can NOT be used with front mount ERF.
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar Calcium-H filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar at an affordable price.
Many astronomers forget that the Calcium H-line and K-line yield virtually identical views of the Sun. Solar researchers who only image the Sun with CCD cameras often choose the K-Line for purely research purposes. Sadly, with Calcium K-line filters, many older astronomers are unable to see the lower wavelength and miss out on all the fun. Daystar offers higher wavelength Calcium H-line filters for visual observers so that most people can enjoy Calcium!
For use on F/7 or longer focal ratio refractors, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view. Short focal ratio refractors will need a 2x or 2.5x Powermate (or similar telecentric barlow) to get the best performance.
- Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application. No specific FWHM bandpass is designated, but it will be around 5Å. The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device.
- Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 397nm wavelength.
The QUARK assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
- Calcium H line (3968.5Å), approx 5Å FWHM.
- 1.25" eyepiece snout with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture. No barlow or focusing elements included.
- Best performance with F/7 - F/30 refractors full aperture.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.