Designed for the GM1000 HPS mount and the Leonardo Bino mount, the Aries tripod is the world's most rigid and most lightweight collapsible tripod.
HPS-tested* with folding dual tube upper leg design to provide maximum rigidity, it is the state of the art tripod and the best solution for your GM1000 HPS mount. Also suitable for BM1000 Leonardo binocular mounts.
Today’s electronic performance (such as very low CCD resolutions and increasing optics performance) force instrument manufacturers to improve every detail of every mechanical part: the tripod is the base of the setup and it needs to be perfect with torsions, vibration absorption, stability and so on.
These are the reasons why 10Micron developed its own tripods: only with a tripod like Aries or Centaurus II we can assure that all the accuracy given from our seclusive systems will be maintained.
* tested to sustain the HPS-encoder accuracy
- All CNC-machined aluminum design with ERGAL-alloy tubing
- Strong grip clutches for fast and secure height adjustment
- Three collapsible leg extensions for ease of transport (collapsed total length: 85 cm)
- Variable height from 75 cm to 115 cm
- Tripod weight: 13 kg
- Payload: 80 kg max
- Tripod head diameter: 160 mm (matching with the GM1000 mount; pre-drilled to fit other mounts – with adapters)
- Upholstered Cordura bag of highest quality
- Cordura triangle cloth to serve as large accessory tray
- Total weight (tripod & Cordura bag): 14 kg
- Dimension of transport ready Cordura bag with tripod: diam. 230 mm x 850 mm
- Dimension of transport-ready carton box: 950 x 250 x 250 mm
- Product code: 10M1055
- Aries tripod for GM1000 and BM100L, ready to use
- Cordura accessory tray
- Cordura bag