Testar Australia is a technical assistant dealer for 10 Micron. Our staff has been trained at the 10 Micron factory to provide assistance, repairs and maintenance on their products.
The CENTAURUS II is designed to support the mobile HPS-encoder technology exclusively found in portable 10Micron GM2000 mounts. This tripod offers the very best ratio of load capacity versus portable weight and is absolutely safe against leg sink. Only now, after the 10Micron HPS-technology has found such widespread recognition, it becomes obvious how important it is not to destroy the ultimate guiding accuracy provided by 12 million code increments (equivalent to a resolution of 0.15 arc seconds) for each mount-axis just by using inappropriate equipment, such as an unsuitable tripod, the mirror-flop (or lens flop) of the telescope optics, thin or poor optical tubes of many commercial telescopes, wobbly economy-focusers, as well as light connections between main- and guide-telescope. Any source of flex appears like being “magnified” 20-fold, while the resolution does improve by the same degree.
Thanks to the absolute HPS-Encoders, now we can also measure that a variation in length of 1/10 of a millimeter (0.0042) in one tripod leg directly equals up to 10 arc-second displacement of the object observed. This also holds true in case one tripod leg is sinking into the ground just by this small amount during an imaging session. With these encoders you can see what had been not measurable before – and it makes all aspects of an improper telescope set up show up mercilessly. For this reason, the legs of the new tripods are made of ultra hard aircraft aluminum, fastened with over-sized spread-clamps and each tripod tip is equipped with a tiltable, hard, zero play contact plate. The Centaurus II tripod is optimized to the utmost, to bring the ABSOLUTE 10Micron HPS-accuracy straight into the ground – without compromise. Any chain is just as strong as its weakest link.
When using a CENTAURUS II tripod, your 10Micron HPS mount chain stays rock solid.
A special adapter (#10M1091) allows to fit the GM1000 mount for an extra sturdy configuration.
- All CNC-machined aluminum design with ERGAL – alloy tubing
- Strong-grip clutches for fast and secure height adjustment
- Three collapsible leg extensions for ease of transport (folded length: 100 cm)
- Variable height from 90 to 135 cm
- Tripod weight: 21 kg
- Payload: 200 kg max
- Tripod head diameter: 230 mm, matching GM2000 mount, pre-drilled to fit other mounts - with adapter
- Upholstered cordura bag of highest quality
- Cordura triangle cloth to serve as giant accessory tray
- Total weight (tripod & Cordura bag): 22.5 kg
- Dimension of transport-ready Cordura bag with tripod: 30 cm diameter, 100 cm in length
- Dimension of transport ready carton box: 110 x 35 x 35 cm
- HPS-tested – to sustain HPS encoder accuracy
Centaurus II tripod
Triangle shaped accessory tray
Control box holder
Cordura carrying bag
Ready to use with GM2000 mounts