Advanced control system for astrophotography
Replace your standard laptop or desktop computer with the EAGLE LE and you will spend less time setting up your equipment and more time imaging. The EAGLE LE is a full Windows 10 Enterprise computer that is 100% compatible with any software and driver created for Windows 10 64 bit. Windows 10 Enterprise is lighter-weight and more stable than regular PCs.
Improve your telescope cable management with EAGLE: the same telescope without the EAGLE (to the left) and with the EAGLE (to the right).
Compatible with any telescope
Thanks to the special PLUS case, you can connect the EAGLE to any type of telescope: refractors, Schmidt-Cassegrains, Ritchey-Chretiens, Newtonians, and more. Thanks to the many threaded holes on the chassis and the PLUS system rings, dovetail bars & dovetail clamps, connecting the EAGLE to your telescope is easy. By using EAGLE instead of a laptop or desktop computer, your telescope will have less cables and shorter runs, drastically reducing the potential for cable snagging or detaching during the imaging session.
The EAGLE also has lower power consumption, reducing the battery capacity needed to power your rig all night long. The internal components were designed for field use in extended temperature ranges. The small amount of internal heat generated by the processor slightly warms the chassis of the EAGLE, helping to prevent dew from forming on body.
8 USB ports - four fast USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports that can be remotely turned ON/OFF
EAGLE allows you to connect and control many devices and allows you to remotely turn on/off the USB 2.0 ports instead of having to manually unplug or plug cables! The EAGLE’s four USB 3.0 ports mean you can use the latest fast USB 3.0 cameras.
Advanced power bridge with 7 ports
The EAGLE has a separate 12V power input that can run on up to 16 amps. Four 12V power out ports are designed to power your camera, mount, focuser, or other 12v devices. Three 0-12V variable power out ports are designed to power dew heaters (these ports can also be automated by adding the optional ECCO control module). You can also adjust (+- 1A) the maximum current limit of the 12V ports - if you want to connect a device to a 3A max port and that device has a maximum power consumption of 4A, you can increase the port limit to 4A.
EAGLE LE features a DARK mode feature, allowing you to instantly turn off all the LED lights on the EAGLE for star parties where uncontrolled light may disturb others!
EAGLE Manager interface to easily control all the EAGLE’s features
- Enable/Disable every 12V power out port.
- Set the power out voltage of the 3 x 0-12V power out ports and increase or decrease the power to dew heaters connected to EAGLE.
- Activate DARK mode.
- Connect or disconnect devices connected to the four USB 2.0 ports in case a reset is needed.
- Check power consumption and battery lifetime.
- Set WiFi connectivity.
- Set your automatic power routines: you can define port status “After power on” and “Before shut down” for the devices connected to the EAGLE.
Powerful and fast dual band (2.4 and 5 GHz) WiFi 802.11ac to remotely control your telescope from any device
You can control the EAGLE through a free dedicated app, available on any smartphone, tablet or personal computer running Windows, MacOS, iOS or Android. If you like, you can also configure the EAGLE to connect to a pre-existing WiFi or wired/ethernet network allowing remote access via the internet - perfect for remote observatories!
- EAGLE LE
- 2 WiFi antennas
- 12V power cable with cigarette plug for EAGLE - 250cm
- Four M6x8 screws, four M6x10 screws, four M6x12 screws, four M6x18 screws, four M6x25 screws, four M6x35 screws
- Quick guide
Overall I think that this is a fantastic product and I would highly recommend. Being new to Astro Photography, I decided to purchase this to enable me to have a clean and tidy setup, i required a new PC anyway and needed to also buy a dew controller so it ticked a few boxes for me. It is a high quality unit and the customer support is fantastic.
* Beautiful design with a high quality box
* Cable quality is fantastic (not like the cables you get with other products)
* Firmware is stable, logical and i love that you can turn things on and off when a reset is required without restarting the whole unit (ie NINA camera reset is sometimes required and easy to do with this unit)
* Quiet and efficient
* Enough capacity to take a bunch of images (I maxed out my hd with 50 x darks @ 10s - ~250s before needing to save down my image library onto an external drive)
* Fewer cables and the ability to control your rig with an iphone / ipad remotely and monitor progress from your home without being outside
* Eliminates the need for a USB power hub and dew controller (although you do need to buy the ECCO for the full features, you can still manually control the dew bands from the firmware)
* Note that the CPU / RAM are the equivalent of an entry level PC so performance cannot be compared to a dedicated spec'ed out laptop.
* Price....lets be honest it is a sexy looking basic computer which is easier to justify when you also need to buy a dew heater control unit