The most powerful EAGLE ever.
The EAGLE 4 PRO brings the power of a desktop computer to the compact form factor of the EAGLE. Featuring Intel’s 8th generation i5 processor with only 15W of TDP, the EAGLE 4 PRO provides desktop class performance with low power consumption. Not only does it have enough space to save all your software and data, but is also powerful enough to run the most demanding astrophotography software, including for planetary imaging, with the latest USB 3.0 cameras that require higher levels of processing power in order to save high resolution videos at high frame rates and the storage space required.
The EAGLE 4 is a full Windows 10 Enterprise computer that is 100% compatible with any software and driver created for Windows 10 64 bit. Windows 10 Enterprise is lighter-weight and more stable than traditional PCs with Windows 10 Home or other OEM versions that come preinstalled with useless bloatware.
Compatible with any telescope.
Thanks to the special PLUS case, you can connect the EAGLE to any type of telescope: refractors, Schmidt-Cassegrains, Ritchey-Chretiens, Newtonians, and more. Thanks to the many threaded holes on the EAGLE’s chassis and the availability of various PLUS system accessories (support rings, dovetail bars, dovetail clamps), connecting the EAGLE to your telescope is easy. By using EAGLE instead of a laptop or desktop computer, your telescope will have less cables and shorter runs, drastically reducing the potential for cable snagging or detaching during the imaging session. The EAGLE also has lower power consumption, reducing the battery capacity needed to power your rig all night long. The internal components were designed for field use in extended temperature ranges. The small amount of internal heat generated by the processor slightly warms the chassis of the EAGLE, helping to prevent dew from forming on body or EYE lens.
8 USB ports - four fast USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports that can be remotely turned ON/OFF.
EAGLE allows you to connect and control many devices and allows you to remotely turn on/off the USB 2.0 ports, instead of having to manually unplug or plug cables! This can be handy for saving power by turning off ports not in use. You can also reset ports it in case of a device connection failure. Thanks to the EAGLE’s four USB 3.0 ports, you can connect and use the latest fast USB 3.0 cameras - With the faster processors of the EAGLE S and PRO models, they are a great choice for the high demands of planetary imaging, allowing high-speed video capture of the Moon, planets, and Sun at high resolution to the fast internal SSD drive.
Advanced power bridge with 7 power out ports.
The EAGLE has a separate 12V power input that can run on up to 16 amps. Using a special internal board, power is distributed to seven outputs - four 12V power out ports are designed to power your camera, mount, focuser, or other 12v devices. These ports are equipped with safety screw-type connections to prevent unwanted detachment of the cables and we make special power cables (optional) for different devices. The three 0-12V variable power out ports are designed to power dew heaters without the need of an external controller. Control of these ports can be easily automated by adding the optional ECCO environmental module. A dedicated chip on EAGLE’s power board protects the electronics (both on the EAGLE and connected devices) from any overcurrents by temporarily disconnecting power in no more than 1ms in case of electrical problems - a lot faster than traditional fuses. Power is automatically re-activated once the problem has been resolved. Additionally, a special microcontroller allows you to adjust (+- 1A) the maximum current limit of the 12V ports. This way, if you want to connect a device to a 3A max port and that device has a maximum power consumption of 4A, you can increase the port limit to 4A.
GPS sensor with high gain antenna.
In order to control your telescope with maximum precision, it’s very important you provide your geographical position and local time in a very precise way. Thanks to the integrated GPS sensor the EAGLE now automatically detects your telescope elevation, latitude, longitude and local time by connecting to the satellites of the Global Positioning System. The external high gain antenna allows the EAGLE to detect GPS data precisely, even if you see only part of the sky (and even if you install the EAGLE in an observatory within a dome!). EAGLE automatically syncs the date, time and position data captured from GPS with Windows settings: this way the software you use for astrophotography will control your telescope with greater precision!
EAGLE EYE to monitor sky quality only where the telescope is pointed.
Did you ever want to check the sky quality of your telescope’s field of view? Have you ever dreamed of being able to monitor the sky all night long, even while you’re asleep? The new EYE sensor automatically measures the sky brightness (in mag/sq arcsec) with a 5 degree field of view, only where your telescope is pointed! The value is shown in real time in the EAGLE Manager interface for easy monitoring of sky quality measurements. EAGLE 4 has two EYE sensors, one on each end of the EAGLE. Based on how you orient your EAGLE on your telescope, you can simply unthread and move the lens to the other sensor that is pointing to the sky, select the new position in the EAGLE Manager, and you are ready to read the sky brightness.
DARK mode to turn off all the LED lights.
Every astronomer knows artificial lights reduce telescope performance, both in visual use and astrophotography. That’s why we designed the EAGLE 4 with a new DARK mode feature that allows you to instantly turn off all the LED lights on the EAGLE when needed! Not only this will prevent any influence on your telescope but it is also a great feature for your astronomy friends that may be close to you while enjoying the night sky together or at star parties where standard computers may be prohibited because of uncontrolled light emissions from LEDs and screens.
EAGLE Manager interface to easily control all the EAGLE’s features.
EAGLE comes with special "EAGLE Manager" software that starts automatically and provides an easy and intuitive interface, allowing you to:
- Enable/Disable every 12V power out port: this way you can keep all your devices connected (for example, mount, camera, filter wheel, etc.) and activate them remotely when you turn on the entire system. Each port shows the current consumption that can also be monitored over time.
- Check for GPS data: elevation, latitude, longitude, date, time and number of connected satellites
- Check for EYE sky quality: select the sensor facing toward the sky and check for sky quality value
- Set the power out voltage of the 3 x 0-12V power out ports: increase or decrease the power to dew heaters connected to EAGLE. Each port shows the current consumption that can also be monitored over time.
- Activate DARK mode: this turns off all the LED lights.
- Connect or disconnect devices connected to the four USB 2.0 ports: this feature is convenient in case of temporary crash of an autoguider or planetary camera, which can then be reset without the need to go to the telescope and disconnect/reconnect a cable.
- Check power consumption and battery lifetime: if you power your EAGLE with a battery, a dedicated menu allows you to set the Ampere capacity of your battery and charge percentage when EAGLE is powered on, enabling you to monitor its expected lifetime.
- Set WiFi connectivity: to access EAGLE in Access Point mode for field use (use your smartphone, tablet or external computer by connecting directly to EAGLE without the need of a WiFi router) or HOST mode for connecting to your existing network such as your home WiFi.
- Set your automatic power routines: you can define port status “After power on” and “Before shut down” for the devices connected to the EAGLE. This way, for example, you can automatically turn on all your devices after you start the EAGLE and turn them all off when you shut down the EAGLE.
Powerful and fast dual band (2.4 and 5 GHz) WiFi 802.11ac to remotely control your telescope from any device.
You can control the EAGLE through a free dedicated app, available on any smartphone, tablet or personal computer running Windows, MacOS, iOS or Android. Turn the EAGLE on, then enable your device's WiFi connection and select the WiFi network provided by the EAGLE. Launch the remote control app and you will have EAGLE desktop on your screen with access to all your astrophotography software. If you like, you can also configure the EAGLE to connect to a pre-existing WiFi or wired/ethernet network allowing remote access via the internet - perfect for remote observatories! Since the EAGLE doesn't use VNC or other software for remote control, it's faster and more stable. For your safety each EAGLE device creates a unique WiFi network, from any other EAGLE that might be nearby. To avoid any other issues at a star party, every EAGLE also has a unique access password known only by you. And if you prefer a wired connection, the EAGLE has also a gigabit Ethernet port so you can control it through a wired network!
Thunderbolt 3 port for high speed connectivity.
EAGLE4 PRO adds an incredibly fast and powerful Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C allowing connections up to 40 Gbps and capable of providing up to 15 W. It allows you to connect as many as 6 devices, daisy chained, through a single compact port.
- EAGLE 4 Pro unit
- 2 WiFi antennas
- GPS antenna
- 12V power cable with cigarette plug for EAGLE - 250cm
- Four M6x8 screws, four M6x10 screws, four M6x12 screws, four M6x18 screws, four M6x25 screws, four M6x35 screws
- Quick guide