Do you want to take pictures with your DSLR like an expert but don't want to use a computer for long exposure astrophotography? Switch to the EAGLE CORE and you will no longer need to bring your computer, buy software or install drivers. EAGLE CORE allows you to capture, autoguide, focus and control your telescope via Wi-Fi with your smartphone or tablet!
EAGLE CORE combined with an equatorial mount, a guiding camera and a camera lens or telescope allow you to take spectacular pictures of the night sky.
Improve your telescope cable management with EAGLE: the same telescope without the EAGLE (to the left) and with the EAGLE (to the right).
When using an external computer, telescope equipment becomes complicated due to all cables needed. EAGLE CORE simplifies your telescope set-up, making your instrument easier to use and to transport.
As for other EAGLE control units, EAGLE CORE can be installed directly on your telescope and it powers up your telescope and accessories (3x 12V 5A, 1x 12V-3A).
EAGLE CORE can:
- Control all the devices from your smartphone or tablet with a Wi-Fi connection. You can stay warm at home or in the car and control every device of your telescope.
- Control your Canon EOS or Nikon DSLR or mirrorless camera. Set the acquisition parameters, then start capturing a single image or a sequence. The following cameras have been tested and verified with EAGLE CORE: Canon EOS R, Canon EOS 1000D, 1100D, 1300D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 800D, 20D, 40D, 60D/60Da, 70D, 80D, 7D, 6D, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, Nikon Z6, Nikon Z7, Nikon D3300, D3400, D5300, D5600, D7000 (D7000 can't "B" mode), D90, D600, D610, D750, D800E, D810.
- Focus your DSLR or mirrorless camera. Using the integrated software you can focus on the smallest details of your image. Eagle Core is compatible with the robotic focuser SESTO SENSO.
- Control your mount by connecting the hand controller to one of the USB ports of the EAGLE CORE. Use SkySafari PLUS or PRO (sold separately) to slew your mount. Mounts already tested with EAGLE CORE are: SkyWatcher mounts with SynScan hand-pad (firmware at least 4.39) and Celestron mounts with NexStar+ hand-pad.
Manage an autoguide camera through the integrated autoguide software that automatically corrects tracking errors of the telescope's mount (compatible with QHY5II-L, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC-S, ASI178MM, ASI290MM, ASI290MC and Lodestar).
Use dithering that minimizes sensor artefacts during image stacking.
Power up to 3 devices (12V) through optional cables and adapters. You can power the DSLR camera, the mount and dew heaters directly from the EAGLE CORE, eliminating the need for dedicated power supplies.
EAGLE OS: INTEGRATED SOFTWARE FOR DSLR AND MIRRORLESS ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY
EAGLE OS software controls the autoguide and your DSLR or mirrorless camera. You can control the capture schedule and guide parameters directly on the screen of your smartphone or tablet (compatible with iOS and Android devices) through the Wi-Fi connection.
DESIGN: INNOVATION IN A COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT DEVICE
All the incredible features of EAGLE CORE are enclosed in a compact, lightweight device. EAGLE CORE case is CNC machine carved from aluminium blocks. Then, the aluminium is sandblasted to achieve a very smooth surface finish and it is anodized to increase the hardness of the material and to protect it from oxidation.
Each EAGLE CORE includes a user manual (in English and Italian) which explains how to use EAGLE CORE and teach the basics of astrophotography.
- EAGLE CORE
- Power cable with lighter plug for Eagle (length 200cm)
- 4x M6 x 8 screws, 4x M6 x 12 screws
- User manual with introduction to DSLR astrophotography (English and Italian language)
|Installing Eagle onto your scope|
|Eagle Core software package|
To connect Eagle Core via WiFi to your computer, smartphone or tablet and use the virtual hand pad:
- Connect your device to the Eagle Core WiFi network eaglecorexxxx;
- Enter the password "eaglecore",
- Open your browser and enter the address 192.168.4.1
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I've been using it for a few months and am thrilled with Eagle Core. It works and is easy to use without any software, it is already included in Eagle Core. I select an object, center, photograph, evaluate later: it's easy with Eagle Core.
I was a bit skeptical about EAGLE CORE but I have to say it exceeded my expectations. Quick and easy, it integrates perfectly with PrimaLuceLab bars and rings, giving a premium touch to the setup.